Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Trade Reviews v1.1

I was going to do this later, but I figured I just saw it, I might as well do it now. Here I was about to do a whole entry on what the Clippers should look for and they pull this off. How the heck does LA consistently do this?! And seriously, why are some GM's dumb, or is the whole thing rigged?

Clippers and Nuggets
Los Angeles agree on conditional 2nd round pick swap
Denver send Marcus Camby

Are you serious? Were the Nuggets moved by sympathy because of the whole Elton Brand fiasco? Honestly, the only thing that could have happen to make this a bigger steal is if the Nuggets threw in cash, 1st round picks, and Carmelo Anthony or Allen Iverson. Seriously, the Clippers stole, I repeat, stole Marcus Camby. Sure Camby's not going to get you 20-10 but he's solid, if healthy, which he was last season, he'll net you something along the liens of 13-15 points, 12 rebounds, 5-6 assists, 2-3 steals, and 4+ blocks per game. This guy is one of the best interior defenders in the league. I've had nights in fantasy when he's given me 10 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 of everything else except treys and turnovers. He's a solid block, likely I think he'll move back to the PF position he originated from, but he's a solid contributor. This actually works out a little better allowing Cuttino Mobley to get more touches and for Al Thornton to develop into more and more of the scorer he looks to become.

For the Nuggets, I only have one question: WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? It appears obvious to me now, that they are giving up all pretense for defense, if they could, I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of K-Mart and Nene, and any semblence of defense that they had, starting Linas Kleiza at the 3 and Melo at the 4. Seriously, only Golden State has worse defense than these guys, the only thing is that Denver had the gall to say that this season defense was going to be their priority. Then they thought they did it because Melo was averaging 2 more rebounds per game. That, and Denver took all the fun out of speculating if the Clippers would really take Zach Randolph for a 2nd round pick and cash. From the GM that thought Linas Klieza was better than Ron Artest... I bring you, the Denver Defensive Player giveaway sweepstakes, we already have our first winner; the Los Angeles Clippers, and they get the grand prize: Marcus Camby!

No comments: