Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Eh....? Shawn Marion can't shoot. Stop saying he can.

So I was browsing my Google Reader when I came across this.  Now, I have no problems with Ziller trying to make the Kings as good as possible with ridiculous one sided trades, but please, call a player what he is, and don't try to advertise it falsely.  The only reason Portland might want Marion would be for his defense, because honestly, Marion can't shoot for beans.  Marion is an undersized PF that can defend smaller positions or an SF that can defends bigs and rebounds well.  Don't tell me he's a shooter.  Portland needs a spot up shooter in the SF slot, especially from downtown, Marion's been doing more of that since he's gone to Miami.  Let's see the results: 19.4% from beyond the arc this season.  I don't count his 30+% stints in Phoenix because 7SoL offense probably has something to do with that.  

No comments: